Saturday, April 18, 2009

Just a note to all!

Well it has been a few months now since my first casted my switch rod. I have learned a few things. You will need to slow down your casting stroke to understand the mechanics of the rod. You will need to understand how the energy is built in the rod, and how it releases the energy to get the desired effect. You will need to learn how to use the rod correctly to cover the holding lies for fish. What I mean is I know normally where the fish are holding. Now you have a new rod, and unlike your single handed rod you will need to present your fly entirely different. This means standing normally where you would not stand before and cast. This type of fly fishing has changed my entire way I fish. This is what it is supposed to be a learning experience. The Deer Creek Switch Rod has been a great first switch rod.